A collection of advanced balena resources:
- Updating an Arduino with balena - Creating an update mechanism for Arduino binaries within the balena ecosystem.
- Preloaded Containers - Provision your devices with an application's code preloaded up and ready to run on the very first boot.
- Creating a Custom logging system - Building a custom system that facilitates log-levels, longer log retention, log rotation, and better search functionality. (All logs are stored locally on the device)
- Scheduling updates with balena - Using a simple cron-job and balena's update lock feature to schedule updates at specific times.
- Canary rollouts - Using balena's ability to transfer devices seamlessly between your applications to create canary style deployment workflow.
- Continuous integration on your devices - Deploy to balena from GitHub using Travis CI.
- Balena wifi-connect - Update your device's wifi configuration from your phone.
- Demystifying native node.js support & its caching caveats - An expressive explanation on making the most of balena's builders cache when deploying node.js applications.
- PagerDuty for balena fleets - A simple way to integrate use balena's api to alert PagerDuty when devices fall offline.
- Where is my code running? - Detecting if where code is running - local machine, balena builder servers or balena device?