When you log in to the balenaCloud dashboard, you’ll see Blocks are now a primary entity
. We created Blocks,
drop in chunks of functionality which are common across many IoT applications, to help jumpstart your IoT app development. Now you can add and manage blocks using all of the same tools you are familiar with for managing a fleet on balenaHub.
Also in this months email:
- Tracking your habits with Notion and balena
- Managing a fleet of AI drones with balena
- Support for the latest NVIDIA Jetson L4t
- New Hub projects and fleets, community highlights and job opportunities
The latest from balena
Track your habits and environment using Notion and balena
Learn how your environment is affecting your productivity by combining tracking your habits using Notion,
a free for personal use online project tracking app, with a balena environment monitor. Read the tutorial
to build your own version.
How Lorenz Technology provisions and manages AI drone fleets
This month we are highlighting Lorenz Technology.
Their mission is to simplify security and surveillance using a fleet of AI drones which collect, analyze, and share data in real time.
BalenaOS now supports the latest NVIDIA Jetson L4T
We have released L4T 32.6.1 - Jetpack 4.6 based OS images
for devices in the Jetson Linux Driver Package which includes the Jetson Nano, TX2, TX2 NX, Xavier AGX, Xavier NX.
This month on balenaHub
Check out some of our newest Open Fleets, Projects and Blocks on balenaHub
- balena-ethereum-node - run an ethereum node with one click!
- balenaWPE - a hardware accelerated web browser based on WPE WebKit
- Frigate-amd64 - A complete and local NVR designed for Home Assistant with AI detection
- balenaCodeServer - a free visual studio code based IDE that runs on your browser
- Sense-hat - multi-container app using a raspberry Pi with Sense Hat
- Balena-myst - Mysterium Network is building a global peer to peer network
- Balena-rtl-power - analyze radio waves in your area using a SDR and balena
A new browser block based on WPE Webkit
Igalia and balena have been working together to create the balena-browser-wpe
block, which uses the WPE Webkit Browser as its chosen web engine.
Start a fully automated IoT Project
A balena community member has shared their advice
on publishing docker images, continuous delivery, and tracking deployments with balena for their fully automated IoT project.
Calling all edge developers!
At balena we are building a ‘Guide to getting started as an edge developer’ and we need your help! We want to hear your advice, tips, tricks and development stories to help newbies, add them to this forums post.
BalenaSound’s 3rd anniversary is coming up
Next month we will be hosting a virtual meetup for balenaSound
users to celebrate 3 years of our most popular labs projects. Meet the community and have your say on the future of balenaSound, get registered now
Work with us
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team.
- Software Engineer
Check them out
, or if you think you could be a great fit for balena, design your own role and introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.