Hello, dear readers!
We’re pretty excited about launching Open Fleets, which are all available on balenaHub and ready to try. Available on Spotify and other major podcast apps, we launched the first episode of our balenaPodcast series. You can also learn more ways to get involved in the balena community, see some interesting community-built projects, and find a few new job postings.
The latest from balena
Introducing Open Fleets
An interview with Eben Upton
How can you get involved in the balena community
This month on balenaHub
Check out our most active Open Fleets, or check them all out on balenaHub.
- Rosetta-at-home-arm - Fold for Covid - Help fight the COVID-19 pandemic with your old laptop, Raspberry Pi, or other spare computer
- balenaSound - Build a single or multi-room streamer for an existing audio device using a Raspberry Pi! Supports Bluetooth, Airplay and Spotify Connect
- balena-minecraft-server - Build a Minecraft Server using a Raspberry Pi 4! Supports common Servers, SCP, RCON and Wifi Connect.
- Pihole - Pi-hole is a Linux network-level advertisement and Internet tracker blocking application!
- Rosetta-at-home-amd64 - Fold for Covid - Help fight the COVID-19 pandemic with your old laptop, Raspberry Pi, or other spare computer
- Stellarium - An educational star, constellation, planet, and night-sky mapping program running on a Raspberry Pi 4.
Community projects of the month
Build your edge impulse project with balenaOS
Balena Ambassador Mithun Das has teamed up with other members of the balena community to build this awesome machine learning object detection project which you can build with just a few clicks!
In frame person detection
Using Tinker Board, balenaCloud and a v380 camera, community member Girish Joshi has built a great in-frame person detector using readily available code.
Check out this technical report featuring balena and AWS
Are you interested in reading more about how balenaCloud performs? We spotted this journal article which discusses the design of a containerized IoT and M2M application, comparing balena and AWS’s IoT products.
Is there a DevOps book club happening on the Forums?
Not quite a project, but maybe this discussion and the books referenced could inspire one. Check out this small, steady conversation about “must-read books” about DevOps.
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team. Could any of these fit you?
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer (Americas)
- Site Reliability Engineer (EMEA)
- Site Reliability Engineer (Americas)
- Security Engineer
- Frontend Engineer
Check them out or introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.
Learn more and apply