Hello, dear readers,
First off, we’re thankful for the adoption of open fleets on balenaHub! Keep on adding devices to open fleets or creating your own fleets-- all the feedback helps us improve balenaHub for everyone.
This month, hear the balena origin story from our Founder, and check out the freshly updated balenaSense v2. On the IoT Happy Hour, learn more about Helium, and how to move your LoRaWAN gateways over to The Things Stack.
And, as always, check out some of the awesome community projects that we’ve found and see our open roles here at Team balena.
The latest from balena
The balena origin story
The new-and-improved balenaSense v2
A very Helium happy hour
This month on balenaHub
Check out our most active Open Fleets, or browse them all on balenaHub.
- Pi-Sense: Take readings from a BME680 or similar sensors on a Raspberry Pi, store with InfluxDB and view with Grafana.
- Home Assistant: A project to deploy Home Assistant and AdGuard Home on a single device
- Helium-Light-Hotspot: Manage your Helium Light Gateway remotely using balenaCloud.
And, check out our first community-contributed balenaBlock!
- NetData Block: - A balena block to monitor your device with netdata/netdata.
Community projects of the month
Migrate your gateways with balena
Do you need to migrate your LoRa gateways to The Things Stack? Check out this step-by-step video or download this project from community member Xose Perez that deploys The Things Stack LoRaWAN Network Server.
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
Check out this balena-powered, animatronic robot who co-hosts a Twitch stream and learns to sing for the first time!
Never be late again...
Balena Ambassador Nico Maas shares this cool project for tapping into a precise time source and providing it to your local computer network via NTP.
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team. Could any of these fit you?
- Fleet Reliability Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer - Developer Tools
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer (EMEA)
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer (Americas)
- Site Reliability Engineer (EMEA)
- Site Reliability Engineer (Americas)
Check them out or introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.
Learn more and apply