Hello, dear readers!
This month we’re (re)introducing balenaBlocks with a new home on balenaHub and a live demo. If you’re interested in finding new IoT or edge projects to try, want to submit your own app, or find balenaBlocks to build with, you’ll find them all on balenaHub.
From the lab, learn the basics about automated plant watering with balenaPlant. Try the project out to see the
dashboard balenaBlocks at work.
We had a few community members walk through their projects on the IoT Happy Hour, including PiHole and an AI-driven bird watcher. Check out our new balenaHub apps and other community news. Take care out there!
News from balenaHQ
balenaBlocks are now available on balenaHub
The latest from our blog
Keep your plant-friends happy and healthy with automated watering
Charlie's Tips N Tricks
Here’s a way to pass service and environment variables when pushing code to a device. This is particularly helpful when developing in local mode.
Check out the docs for more information.
Projects of the month
What’s new on balenaHub this month?
Here’s a round up of all these new projects for you to check out:
- balenaPlant: Measure temperature, humidity and moisture to automatically water your plants
- Heimdall: Organise all those links to your most used web sites and web applications
- AdGuard: a network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking
- Train Departure Display: Display replica near real-time UK railway station departure data
- Ruuvitag - Collect data from a ruuvitag BLE sensor and chart it in a dashboard
- WiFi Repeater - Easily create a WiFi Access Point or WiFi repeater
- Cryptocurrency Dashboard - Connect a raspberry pi to a TV monitor and track cryptocurrencies
- balenaLocating - Never lose something important to you again by using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons and Raspberry Pi sensors to track your stuff.
Head over to balenaHub to check these new apps out.
Track your parcels using AI
Check out community member Abhijeet’s doorstep package monitoring and security system powered by balenaCloud and MQTT broker.
Cheers to the RaspberryPint crew
We recently hung out with the crew at RaspberryPint to talk about all things IoT and edge development. Catch up on the talk.
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team. Could any of these fit you?
Check them out or introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.
Learn more and apply