Hello dear readers,
You may have already noticed on balenaCloud that Applications are now known as Fleets. Learn more about why we made this change and what’s next for our product on our announcement post
The latest from balena
‘Applications’ are now called ‘Fleets’ on balenaCloud
We’ve changed this to unlock the next steps of our long-term product vision. Get the details on our announcement post
How to run edge AI with OpenVINO on balenaCloud
Learn how to deploy an AI application using an Intel NUC and the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO Toolkit, all managed on balenaCloud.
balenaPodcast ep02: democratizing industrial production
In this episode, we discuss the democratization of industrial 3D printing, how we can make manufacturing more accessible and cost-friendly, space travel, and more.
NOTE We’ve deprecated some of our image maker endpoints
We made this announcement a while back, but here’s a reminder. If you or your teams use these modules of the balena SDK or CLI you will need to upgrade to a newer version:
- balena-sdk v12.12.0 (released on 2019-09-28)
- balena-cli v11.13.0 (released on 2019-09-30)
- balena-sdk-python v7.8.0 (released on 2019-05-20)
This month on balenaHub
Check out some of our newest Open Fleets, Projects and Blocks on balenaHub
- Scitizen - Help scientific research for the benefit of mankind and humanity
- White Noise Generator - Build your own white noise machine using your Raspbery Pi!
- GPS Time - Uses attached GPS UART with PPS to provide accurate time via chrony ntp server
- Agriai V2 - Pest detection and classification made using Edge Impulse and balena.
- Home Urbit - A new OS and peer-to-peer network that’s simple by design.
- Hostname - An utility block to set the hostname of devices running balenaOS.
- Browser Control - A remote control webApp for the balenablocks/browser block.
Speed up your software compilation
Our users debate the topic of balenaOS vs Ubuntu vs k3os
and how balenaHub makes it easy for you to build open source projects in the forums.
Marc Pous of balena will be teaching at The Things Summer Academy
this year, showing how you can build and connect your LoRaWAN gateways with balena.
Work with us
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team.
- People Product Lead
- Fleet Reliability Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer - Developer Tools
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer (EMEA)
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer (Americas)
- Site Reliability Engineer (EMEA)
- Site Reliability Engineer (Americas)
Check them out, or, if you think you could be a great fit for balena, design your own role and introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.
We’re postponing our physical events to practice safe social distancing and keep our team safe and healthy. Instead, meet with us virtually during our weekly IoT Happy Hour!
Every Friday at 16:00 UTC, join our live stream to see IoT project builds, discuss hardware and software, talk shop, answer community questions, and more. Join our next session
or watch our 60+ archived episodes!